This is a fantastic opportunity to get in at the earliest stages of a synthetic biology company and guide the development of genetically modified plants to address important industrial and humanitarian problems.
You will lead our nascent science team and help guide scientific strategy for the company. Key responsibilities include overseeing and executing plant transgene experiments, as well as sequencing and proteomic analyses. A successful candidate is one who has a deep understanding of the technological development process, experience with plant transformation techniques, and strong leadership capabilities.
- Ability to perform nuclear and chloroplast transformation in lettuce and tobacco
- Standard molecular biology procedures (e.g. PCR, DNA extraction, cloning, NGS library preparation)
- Protein extraction and purification
- Ability to use new and existing data to generate new hypotheses
- Organizational skills such as strategic planning, record keeping, and delegation of tasks
- Communication of technical scientific results with team members
- Creative contribution to prototype design and execution
- Desire to work in a startup environment
Preferably Ph.D. with a focus in plant biology and 1-3 years of experience in a bio-tech or ag-tech research and development.
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- PTO and holiday time off
Bay Area, CA