This is a fantastic opportunity to get in at the earliest stages of a synthetic biology company and guide the development of genetically modified plants to address important industrial and humanitarian problems.
This team member will work with our senior scientist to process samples from transgenic plant prototypes for downstream analyses. A successful candidate is one who has an interest in producing multi-omics sequencing data to inform the design and creation transgenic plants. As part of the BioDrive team you will interact frequently with leadership and other analytical/molecular scientists, but you will also work independently to process samples and perform important assays for prototype validation.
- Standard molecular biology procedures (e.g. PCR, DNA extraction, cloning, NGS library preparation)
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Documentation and communication of scientific results
- Creative contribution to prototype design and execution
- Desire to work in a startup environment
B.S./M.S. in biological sciences with 1 or more years of research experience, preferably in industry
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- PTO and holiday time off
Bay Area, CA